World Library  

QR link for Quanta Resources Corp.
Add to Book Shelf
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Book

Quanta Resources Corp.

By Environmental Protection Agency

Click here to view

Book Id: WPLBN0000128764
Format Type: PDF eBook
File Size: 0.1 MB
Reproduction Date: 2007
Full Text

Title: Quanta Resources Corp.  
Author: Environmental Protection Agency
Volume:
Language: English
Subject: Ecology, Natural resource issues, Environemtal protection
Collections: Environmental Awareness Library Collection
Historic
Publication Date:
Publisher: United States Environmental Protection Agency

Citation

APA MLA Chicago

Agency, E. P. (n.d.). Quanta Resources Corp.. Retrieved from http://worldlibrary.net.cn/


Description
Excerpt: Site Description The Quanta Resources Corporation site comprises of Block 93 Lots 1, 2, & 3 (commonly known as 163 Old River Road) and Block 95 Lot 1 (commonly known as 145 River Road) as designated in the official tax map of Edgewater, Bergen County, New Jersey, and portions of neighboring properties. The site covers approximately 15 acres; the expansion of River Road in 1995-1996 was constructed over a portion of the site. The site property is bordered to the north by ?The City Place Promenade? (formerly Celotex Industrial Park), to the south by the 115 River Road Office Complex (formerly Spencer-Kellogg Industrial Park), to the west by Old River Road, and to the east by the Hudson River. From approximately 1876 to 1967 the site had been used to manufacture coal tar, paving, and roofing materials. Allied Chemical Corporation Asphalt Division (now Honeywell) took over operations in 1930. In 1974, Allied Chemical sold the property to Mr. James Frola and Mr. Albert Von Dohln. In 1977, Mr. Frola and Mr. Von Dohln leased the property to E.R.P. Corporation for the storage and recycling of oil. Shortly thereafter, E.R.P. assigned its lease to Edgewater Terminals, Incorporated. Quanta Resources Corporation obtained usage of the property through the transfer of the lease from Edgewater Terminals. From 1974 to 1981 Quanta Resources operated a waste oil processing facility. The site had 61 above-ground storage tanks (ASTs) with a total capacity of over 9 million gallons, along with an unknown number of underground storage tanks (USTs) and numerous underground pipes. These tanks were used to store oil, tar, asphalt, sludge, process water and other unknown liquids. On July 2, 1981, the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) forced the closing of the Quanta Resources facility when it was discovered that the storage tanks contained large quantities of oil with polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) concentrations as high as 260 parts per million (ppm). Approximately 10,000 people currently live in the borough of Edgewater. Groundwater near the site is not used as drinking water; municipal water is supplied by the Oradell reservoir.

 
 



Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.